Our Company –Farmyard Funworld Ltd – took over the running of the Soft Indoor Play Area (Funworld) and the small farm (Farmyard) attached, in March 2011
My son Andrew and I are just completing our seventh year of operation.
It has been 7 years of considerable “ups and downs” having taken over a failing play area and cafeteria with a zero Hygiene rating and a farmyard in need of a great deal of T.L.C.
WE have also faced the worst economic recession since the 1930’s and extremes of weather which have caused the farm to flood many times.
We have invested a great deal of time, money and effort to the project and are only now getting into a position of a balanced trading position.
We set out to create an affordable, local, family visitor attraction and we believe we have achieved that, holding down our prices to the lowest in the area and supporting the local community.
Our Community support means
- We are heavily involved in children’s education and social provision.
- We have trained and employed several apprentices over the last few years.
- We run a KS4 Alternative Education programme for youngsters in Years 10 and 11 who are having problems in full-time education.
- We have also developed an “education hub” with a programme designed to give Primary school children the opportunity to learn and develop coping strategies which will help ensure that they are not excluded from education.
- WE offer special Private hire rates to groups wishing to fund raise and provide discounts to local registered childminders.
- Additionally over the last seven years we have supported local charities, schools (P.T.A.) and nurseries by donating free One Day Family Passes valued in total at some £40,000.
We are looking forward to developing new and exciting healthy play opportunities, improving our Conservation and Environmental Education and providing an all-round quality service to families.
BUT – we can’t do it without YOU and we hope you will continue to support us.
Francis & Andrew McLennan